Sunday, February 24, 2008

Book Meme

Connie tagged me awhile ago in the book meme, and I'm finally getting to it. Here are the rules:
Go to page 123 of the nearest book.
Find the 5th sentence. Write down the next 3 sentences.

I have a lot of books near me, and several are textbooks. Who wants to hear sentences from A Sequence for Academic Writing? So, I thought I'd pick up my fellow blogger friend, Steve Kuusisto's book, Planet of the Blind. It's Steve's memoir, and it's a great read.

"'The brave one sleeps for a time/Of course the past is with her, /Beauty
dissolved into thingness, narrow streets/Where she goes disguised.'
He pauses.
"Oh please!"

Good thing the meme doesn't ask for the next sentence, as this is a G rated blog.

Now I tag Josh Winheld, Emma, Andrea, Karen Putz, and Seahorse.

1 comment:

Connie said...

Good thing!