Saturday, June 30, 2007

Update from June 29

viernes

Today we went to the University of Costa Rica and learned about their disability service program. They have 158 students with disabilities on campus. I was very impressed with the accessibility on campus; nearly every building had a ramp. I was also impressed with how the support service seemed to want to support many types of students disabilities. They seemed very on top of things.

Later, my host family hosted a barbeque. I got to meet other host families and socialize. The things that really stand out for me is al the families' overwhelming warmth and hospitality. I love my Costa Rican host family. I will miss them very much when I leave. Tomorrow is my last day with them as we will be departing for Parque Nacional Carara. (I don't know if I'll have any internet access.)

My trip ends Thursday. I can't believe it's going so fast.

1 comment:

Ruth said...

Thx for the updates! I bet the trip is going fast - it sounds great!